Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Merci beaucoup!!




First off I would like to thank God for all the gifts She and He have bestowed on me - namely the brain currently exploding with a mish-mash of pathophysiology medical-medical-bullshit-bullshit - for somehow filtering out the words that you are reading right now.

Speaking of which, I would also like to thank Mr. WriteNow who bestowed on me the lovely award you see above. I haven't been blogging for long, nor have I had such a big audience besides my mom and my girlfriends who only read when they were bored at work, so it is truly truly an honour (I'm not be facitious) to be recognized for my blog in an (internet) full of incredible, note-worthy, publish-worthy, thought-worthy, laugh-worthy blogs that have come before and will come after lil' old mine.

And as a recent recepiant of the thinking blogger award, it is my absolute pleasure to introduce you to 5 blogs that make me stop, think, smile, recoil, laugh, cry, and everything in between. BUT first of all I must must say - it was exceptionally hard picking just 5, as each and every blogger that I have on my roll has made me think. Luckily most of them have already been honoured!!

DT: the life and times of a twenty-something --> Not too long ago I was found by DT, or did I find him? Either way, DT's was the very first blog I was hooked on when I started Life In The City. His writing style was fluid and poised but down-to-Earth and funny - like I was having a weekly coffee with an old friend, each of us catching up on the others lives. DT's one of the good guys, at least in my opinion, and he's intelligent and funny and a fantastic story-teller. Although he may not post as much as I want him to- when he does it is worth the wait.

The Exception --> There is truly only one word I can use to describe this blog: Incredible, but imagine me saying it with a French accent, it is that good. Like dark chocolate and red wine good. The Exception makes me think - on topics I ponder about on a daily basis, and more importantly, on topics I never would have imagined thinking about. I think she is a teacher and if so I wouldn't be surprised, for I learn something or am inspired to learn something from every post of hers that I have had the pleasure of reading.

Calling it Carpe Diem --> The first 'local' blog that I was drawn in to; I can't really explain my attraction to this blog, besides the authors honesty in her writing and her ability to draw you into a story, even if it's just about steak or those glorious sleepovers we as girls get to experience. I've never met her, probably won't, but more likely than not passed her non-chalantly on the streets of our city - but through her writing she could very well be your best friend.

Ruby: Destination Unknown --> Straight and funny and to the point - Ruby's posts are as thoughtful as her comments that she leaves in yours. I was drawn in by her humour and stayed for her honesty and haven't looked back. I have a feeling that she's already been mentioned, as she should be, so it's not that I have less to say about you Ruby!!!!

Beth: Pink Lace and Pearls --> It was her last post that really really made me think (and as bloggers it's a question I am glad she raised), but to be fair, I was hooked on her blog because it made me think and inspired many a post from yours truly. I love it when I read and am inspired and on more than 1,2,3 occasions Beth has done this for me - and on those days when you have no idea what to write but just feel the need to write, her insights are a welcome ray of sunshine.

On that note - I enjoy each and every single blog that is on my roll, so if you see one that isn't on yours go read! I can't remember who I found first, I think it was brandy, but that's how I've managed to find all the blogs I read on an almost-daily basis. HOWEVER before I go, because there is always a however, Kyla Bea just started her newest blog (I think) - and I believe that given more time, I'd bestow on her the thinking blog award. GO read!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for pointing out some of your favourites- much appreciated! Yours is definitely one I check frequently and that's because of your style of reflection- I'm glad that you've been given a badge to put up here in recognician of it! Thanks for the mention, you're too sweet!

The Exception said...

Carrie, this was so sweet and quite the surprise. I have "no" idea what to do next... (and what should I wear? Ah... Black... and lace!)

I check in with you daily and enjoy reading what you write.

I think that we are all teachers in one respect or another, but... alas, I am not a teacher by profession. I am honored that you would guess that though. I actually work as an analyst... I was country when country wasn't cool which is a cryptic way of giving you an idea of the field in which I work. ;)

Princess Banter said...

Oooh congratulations! You definitely deserved that one ;)

Jessica said...

Congrats! I just found you but I love your blog.

megabrooke said...

whoo hoo, congrats!

Beth said...

Thank you so much for incredibly nice things you said and for the the Thinking Blogger award. I really feel honored.

When I saw that Mr. WriteNow had bestowed this award on you, I was very glad. You definitley deserved it. Your posts are always beautifully written, funny, and smart. I truly enjoy reading your insights. You inspire me!

Sarah N said...

Thanks for the shoutout! I bet we HAVE sat beside each other on the 95 or walked by each other DT. Crazy! But what keeps me coming back, besides the clues to what city hotspots we share, is the skilled writing and entre-nous confessions of honesty!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love your blog too!

Deadmanshonda said...

I am now a fan as well...

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwh thanks chica! Too cute! I am going to put on my little back dress, get something pretty to drink and pay it forward!
I love your blog btw, interesting and entertaining!

Regine said...

hi,and thanks for the comment on my blog :) i enjoyed reading at yours as well.
i hope you'll have a Super weekend girl!

Carrie said...

@ kyla bea -- Thanks girl! Regocnition is always appreciated, especially by your peers!!

@ the exception -- Don’t be surprised – I adore your blog and it truly does make me think!

@ princess banter -- Thank you very much!!

@ Jessica -- Likewise – I just found you but I’m hooked!!

@ brookem -- Thanks girl!! Congrats to you too!!

@ beth -- Aw, thank you so much – you’re going to make me blush, and I don’t blush for good reasons quite often!!!!

@ anothertwentysomething -- You know what, I bet we HAVE sat next to each other on the 95, or at the very least stood behind one or the other at Second Cup or Starbucks or any bar in the Market. And yes – keep those hotspots coming!

@ desiree -- Thank you! You’re a new find but I like it already!!

@ leisel b -- Hi there! Thank you!!

@ ruby -- Atta girl! I love these kinds of awards because it’s a pay-it-forward kind of thing, and introduces so many good blogs that would be difficult to find otherwise!

@ regine -- Hey you’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by!!

David Tellez said...

You like me! You really like me! Carrie thanks so much for the shout out! I'm so honored that you decided to mention my blog first, nay, my blog at all! I'm real sorry I dont post as often, but when your itinerary is jam packed, what can you do? Still, for you Carrie, I will make the effort and post twice this week! Or maybe one and half...hmmmm. Let's just see how it goes...still, thank you SO much!