Monday, May 14, 2007

Dear Blogger

By the time you read this, I’ll be long gone. I’m sorry for doing this but… Ok I’m really not. I know this might come as a bit of a surprise to you – especially because I’ve been hiding at the bottom of a bottle of Pinoit Grigo. But I’m sorry – I just need a change (read: improvement). I think you’re swell, but I don’t think we’re right for each other.

First of all, we’re not compatible. You’re a basic, everyday ordinary kitchen spatula blog, and I’m beyond that. You like simple lay-outs and not letting me upload blog skins and enjoy making me re-type entries on a weekly basis, and I don’t like any of these things. Your favourite colours are drab and boring, and your favourite layouts are all the same. Do you even know what my favourite colour and layouts are? I once asked you what colour YOU’D think I’d like and you said ‘error’.

Anyway, I want to move on. I have moved on. But you know what? I still want to be friends… of a friend. We can totally talk once a year. We had some good times, or so you told me, but please, don’t be bitter like last time. That means no crying this time!! And look – I won’t even make an issue out of the time you owe me.

So take care of yourself – and good luck.

Love always,

Carrie

http://carieinthecity.wordpress.com

5 comments:

George said...

It's not goodbye Carrie ... I'll be over to see you at wordpress ... you know of course that I will have to change the link to you in my sidebar.

Anonymous said...

It's nothing wrong being single..many people are single too. The key thing is to have a happy and fulfiling life whichever stage of life you are in.

Todd Camplin said...

Keeping another self bottled up inside I see.

Rick said...

Interesting post nonetheless. I have wondered why some people had changed over. I'm a simple guy. My needs are few. I will probably stick with Blogger.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Utopia said...

yeah i have been thinking about changing over too for a while. i keep on trying to change my skin but to no avail. maybe i am technologically retarded heheh!